The bundle provides six packages:
– datatool.sty: databases may be created using LaTeX commands or by importing external files; they may be sorted numerically or alphabetically; repetitive operations (such as mail merging) may be performed on each row of a database, subject to conditions to exclude particular rows; commands are provided to examine database elements, and to convert formats (for example, to convert a numeric element to a format compatible with the fp package;
– datapie.sty: a database may be represented as a pie chart; flexible options allow colouring of the chart, and annotation hooks are available;
– dataplot.sty: a database may be represented as a 2-dimensional scatter or line plot; flexible options control of the plot's overall appearance, and of legends and other extra information;
– databar.sty: a database may be represented as a bar chart; overall appearance, colouring and annotation are controllable;
– databib.sty: a bibliography may be loaded into a datatool database, and manipulated there before being printed (this permits a LaTeX-based route to printing bibliographies in formats for which no BibTeX style is available); and
– person.sty: provides support for displaying a person’s name and pronoun in a document, thus avoiding cumbersome use of “he/she”, etc.
The drawing packages make use of PGF/TikZ for their output.
The bundle replaces and supersedes the author’s csvtools bundle.
The author is Nicola Talbot. The package is Copyright © 2009 Nicola Talbot.
License: lppl Version: 2.03 Catalogued: 2009-11-15